A Nick in the New Car
We have this lovely little brand new Acura RDX - my husbands pride and joy....he just loves that little car ----while pulling into the garage last night, I accidentally ran into the wooden edge of the garage instead of clearing it and sailing straight through. I quickly backed up and tried it again - this time successful. My heart was in my stomach because I knew I'd have to tell Joaquim about the little mishap with his beloved car. Every step I took into the house seemed like an eternity. Somewhere in the far reaches of my mind I could hear the plaintive call of the jailer echoing "dead man walking" as I entered the house. He seemed to be in such a good mood until I turned the corner into the kitchen....and opened my mouth..."Well, we now have our first little mark on the car" - I attempted to say cheerfully (I meant to rehearse it it my mind several times and then announce it with just the right inflection in my voice) "Oh, no, did you get it in the parking lot at work?" he managed to stammer as he made his way to the garage......."Actually", I replied, "It happened IN the garage" ( I'm not sure if he heard me as he was now in the garage looking at the evidence. All in all, he was pretty good about it.....the only fallout is that I am not allowed to drive the cars into the garage anymore - I have to park them in the driveway and HE will drive them into the garage at night. I can live with that!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home