COMMUNICATION - Our Conversation
Joaquim and I had this conversation during our walk. It went like this:
Cathy: "I'm glad I took my lunch to work today....because I could eat at my desk and then be productive on my lunch hour. I went and got my hair cut on my lunch hour instead of having to have it done after work when I have so many things to do."
At this point, I expected Joaquim to do a double take and admire my hair because up till now - he had not noticed that I got it cut. Instead he started talking about something entirely off subject. So I said, "Joaquim, did you hear what I said?"
He said, "Yes, you were talking about how good your lunch was."
I said, "No, not really...that wasn't what I said....I don't think you heard me".
He replied, "Cathy, I didn't know I was going to have to pass a quiz here."
So, then I told him about getting my hair cut, - once again expecting him to comment on my new "DOO" (because it did look rather nice).
He answered, "Cathy, what you don't realize is that I listen in a "larger type macro" style...not a "micro" style.
I just finished the conversation off with "I don't think your getting the total message with your macro style of listening".......At times like this, I just think his explanations are so inventive and creative that you just gotta love this guy!
Whoever heard of macro style listening.
I certainly haven't!
I certainly haven't!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home