Musings

Sunday, March 18, 2007

GROWING OLD ...........Gracefully


We were watching a movie with Tommy Lee Jones in it this morning. He has the most interesting face - a face full of history. Every line tells a story. Almost beautiful in it's own craggy, line-etched way. Beautiful because his face shows every high and every low of life's twists and turns.
I was musing about this and started thinking about people who get face-lifts. In their never-ending quest for youth and beauty, they substitute the life history beauty of their face for a plasticized version of a mannequins face in their one last desperate stab at retaining their youth.
I see myself aging. There is no doubt about that! But, when I am old, I want the world to see ME - my face history with all the sadness, joys and experiences I have gone through because that is who I truly am!
I think it is more important to keep the heart unwrinkled rather than the face.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, I am quite a fan of Tommy Lee Jones. I have often thought of the same with his craggy blotchy complexion. He does have a rather unique character face; as you put it! He is one of my favourite actors. He looks quite "human" or "real".

    I agree about keeping the heart "unwrinkled!" A much better plan & much more fun! I think too, wrinkles are further caused in the heart, when people are too preoccupied with their looks etc.

    Besides, "cosmetic surgery" may not always solve the "problems". ie insecurity, whatever.

    Always good to live our lives with a tidbit of joy! LOL!

    By Blogger Gina, At 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home