Musings

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I WISH............




This is how I wish I was dressed today! I wish I was bundled up all snuggly and warm against the chill of the winter air. I wish I was driving silently in snowy streets watching the flakes flutter in the wind. Instead, I am sitting in the shade of our deck cabana in a pitiful attempt to keep cool. It's HOT today.......I mean HOT! Not just warm, but sweatingly, unbearably hot. It's days like this that I long for the cool, cool days of winter. There is something very nice about bundling up and having a hot cup of chocolate. Instead, I feel like a turkey basting in the oven, getting crispy brown on the outside, steamingly done on the inside. Lately, I have really become grateful for the cooler days of Spring and Autumn. It's a hot Okanagan heat today and the only relief we have - is in imagining the cooler days of winter.

2 Comments:

  • I can appreciate your wishing for cooler weather.

    When we were away for the July 1st long weekend, the weather was not particularly cooperative; and now of course, it is wonderfully sunny and warm skies. Warmer weather has now been forecasted for the rest of the week!

    We would have loved the sunshine! Imstead, we had a fair bit of rain, with a cool lingering dampness. Brrrr.

    And yet too, when you are right by the ocean, it is automatically cooler - cool fan like breezes etc. Perfect and refreshing on those hot summer days.

    However, in this case, things were just a tid too cool; eventhough, it was good to be away.

    By Blogger Gina, At 8:25 PM  

  • But,today - on the ocean - how wonderful it would be!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home