Musings

Saturday, February 17, 2007

MY PET PEEVE - Call Display

Here is a typical scenario in our house when the phone rings.....
RING......RING.......
Joaquim picks up the phone and looks at the call display where usually a number appears.
He looks at the number - repeats it back to me and asks me if I know who it is.
I reply, "Whoever it is, wants to talk to us, so just answer the phone."
Now he's got 4 rings to answer it before it goes to Voicemail.
USUALLY, he is still trying to figure out who the caller is by the fourth ring and then the caller just goes into Voicemail.
I really can't figure this out........I don't think Call Display was meant to be a puzzle that you have to solve BEFORE you answer the call. I just think it's a helpful tool SOMETIMES - IF you recognize the number.
Our phone rang today and the Call Display came up with "UNKNOWN NAME - UNKNOWN NUMBER". Joaquim picked up the phone, turned to me and asked, "Who is it?" It's like he's paralized until he knows who the caller is. Now, last time I checked - I wasn't the Harry Houdini of the Call Display world - but I knew he needed an answer - so I just said, "It's IBM" and he answered it.
SO, if you are phoning us and you get Voicemail - just leave a message because chances are we ARE at home and Joaquim is just trying to figure out who is calling us!

I just don't get it. Are all men like this?

1 Comments:

  • Hi Cathy,
    No, there may be some "women" like this. I end up much being like Joaquim on this one. LOL! Alan does not seem to get "flustered". I always ask too, "Who is it? etc.etc. etc." Much like you have described! LOL! And then I finally answer, and it is a taped message! grrrrrr. Like, I am thinking...."wimps...at least a leave personal message, rather than some taped dialogue!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home