On Being a Woman
If I had to say what I enjoyed most in life it’s things like spending time with my family and making things for my family to enjoy.
There’s something in most women that God placed there that if given the chance, really thrives on the simple work of serving our families.
Our busy lives and economic realities in this country sometimes cheat us women of finding that delight in the simple things of home making. Home has become only a stopping place on an endless round of activities outside the home. I don’t think society is going to change in this regard, but I think it’s sad sometimes. Girls aren’t really trained or taught to enjoy the keeping of a home. It’s really tough to enjoy these things anyway when you are simply trying to survive juggling working outside the home plus being mom, cook, laundress, house cleaner, homework helper, etc.
Life for women today has become very complicated, and I don’t think women are the better for it. It’s those moments paring apples and such that give you time to reflect and enjoy being a woman with the desire to nurture.
We have to make these times in our busy lives or they won’t happen at all. Folding laundry this evening, I thought about how these simple acts of caring for my family make me the happiest of all. That’s my vocation, my calling and my delight as a wife and mother. Apple crisp and clean laundry.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home