HEART TO HEART
I have to confess........as much as I am loving being "retired".......I am not entirely sure I am ready for it. In the last 3 weeks, I have completed eight (1000 piece) puzzles. It seems that I just have to be accomplishing something..........so I am not really sure I am ready to sit back and do nothing.
I made cookies yesterday (for hours).......I think I made about 12 dozen.
Gina came over, looked at the cookies and asked......"Wow, mom......how come you made all those cookies?"
I replied (naturally), "Because it's cookie day..........don't you ever have cookie day?"
Her response came all too quick, "Not like THAT!!!!!!!"
The good news is that I had cookies galore to share with everyone......
("Here, take some cookies home")
Today Jack and I drove to Kristie's to take her some lasagna and (you guessed it) ...COOKIES!
It was a lovely warm sunny day......the kind of day that you really enjoy hopping in the car and driving somewhere and having a good conversation. We ended up talking about ROMANCE, and as you all know....men do not seem to have a natural inclination for romance. Not like we women do, anyway. I mean, I think Joaquim has come home to candlelight in the bedroom, chocolates on the pillow and a good DVD ready to be played........more than I have.
Men have to struggle with romance, whereas women just naturally aspire to it.
Joaquim didn't agree....he thinks he is romantic.
So, I inadvertently said, "Joaquim, you don't have a romantic bone in your body!"
Ok, perhaps that was a little strong.....he may have a few......but I was trying to make a point.
His response was, "I've been nuked......my soul is crispy"
Joaquim has this wonderful way with words. He can be soooo funny at times!
I laughed so hard, I could hardly see............I said, "Joaquim....you are sooooo funny"
His response was "I'd rather be romantic than funny"
So, I think, in future, I have to drive the point home every time he does something the LEAST bit romantic........
(Joaquim......you are soooo romantic:)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home